Namaste! Yoga is not only good for us physically but also emotionally. Personally, if I go too long without getting on my mat my energy and focus begin to feel off.
There seems to be a yoga studio around every corner in Los Angeles. Unfortunately, going to a yoga studio can be a bit pricey at times.
To make getting your downward dog on a little easier on your wallet, I’ve compiled a list of free and/or donation based classes that you can check out in LA:
This donation based Yoga class seems to be the most popular one I have heard of ever since coming to LA 4 years ago. It shares the same vicinity with one of the most popular hiking trails in LA and the people watching is also super fun!
It takes place right at the bottom of Runyon Canyon off of Fuller in Hollywood. Make sure to get there a little early too because the parking in that are can be a little crazy.
The classes are free but they do accept donations. You can follow the Runyon Canyon Facebook Page for times and location.
For those of you that live closer to the beach, free yoga is offered the 2nd Saturday each month at the Redondo Beach Pier. I have not been to this class before since it’s a little far from me but the reviews look great!
Did you know that the very popular Lululemon offered FREE classes on weekends (usually on Sunday mornings)? Since this store has so many locations, there is a very good chance that you will be able to find a store near you that offers yoga or a fitness event that you may be interested in..
Here are their locations in the LA area; click on the store name to access its community events page:
* lululemon Beverly Hills – 334 North Beverly Dr, Beverly Hills
* lululemon Brentwood – 11920 San Vicente Blvd, Los Angeles
* lululemon Calabasas – 4719 Commons Way, Calabasas (at the Commons)
* lululemon Glendale – 233 South Brand Blvd, Glendale (at the Americana)
* lululemon Pasadena – 110 West Colorado Blvd, Pasadena
* lululemon Santa Monica – 331 Santa Monica Blvd, Santa Monica
* lululemon South Bay – 2008A East Park Place, El Segundo (at Plaza El Segundo)
Have you found any free or donation based classes in LA? Let us know! We would love to add it to our list!