DI4Y: Goji Energy Bars
The key to a healthy life is keeping healthy food around you! For this DI4Y, we want to focus on healthy eating so you can stay energized throughout the day, in a natural way.
Goji berries (also known as Wolfberries) are our current superfood of the moment.
Traditionally used in Asian herbal medicine for the past 5,000 years, Goji Berries are regarded as one of the most nutrient-rich foods on earth. They can be a little tangy & hard on their own, but when added into granola bars, cereal, oatmeal, & yogurts they soften up into a real tasty treat! They are also an amazing vegetarian source of protein and have high amounts of vitamins C and A, zinc & iron.
This particular Goji Energy Bar recipe has all the qualities we like - simplicity, delicious-ness, & quickness!
Enjoy the bars for breakfast or when you're having a midday slump to give your body a natural energy boost! We recommend making them on a Sunday, so you can enjoy them throughout the week.
2/3 cup Goji Berries
1/3 cup Almond Butter
- 1/3 cup Honey
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/4 cups Puffed Barley Cereal
- 1 cup Old-Fashioned Rolled Oats
- 1/3 cup Coarsely Chopped Toasted Almonds
- 1/3 cup Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
- 1 tablespoon Sesame Seeds
- some Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Combine almond butter, honey, olive oil, vanilla, and salt in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 50 seconds.
- Combine cereal, oats, goji berries, almonds, and coconut in a medium bowl. Pour the mixtures together and toss well to coat.
- Press into an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until set. Let it cool completely in the dish.
- Cut them up & enjoy!
*we use the leftover crumbs as granola :)
Remembering to take some time for yourself can be tough. Our DI4Y aka “Do It For Yourself” series is a variety of homemade recipes & wellness aids to encourage you take care of yourself.
Leave a comment