DI4Y: Homemade Mint + Coconut Oil Body Salt Scrub Recipe
Facial scrubs can be an effective and inexpensive way to exfoliate the dead, dull cells on your skin's surface.
We prefer to make our own scrubs because we find it super gratifying to whip up our own organic beauty products at home! Plus, these little projects generally make our homes smell good really, really good!
This is a great beginners recipe since it only requires a handful of ingredients and should take you less than 10 minutes to make.
You can thank us later for your softer, vibrant skin ✨
DI4Y Mint & Coconut Salt Scrub
- 1/3 cup Coconut Oil
- 1 cup Sea Salt
- 1-2 teaspoons Peppermint Extract or 5-10 drops Peppermint Essential Oil
- 5-10 drops Rosemary Essential Oil
- 1/4 cup Jojoba Oil (Almond Oil, Vitamin E, & Olive Oil all work too!)
- Dried and Chopped Mint and/or Rosemary (if you only have fresh herbs, dry them in the microwave for 30 seconds between paper towels)
Remembering to take some time for yourself can be tough. Our DI4Y aka “Do It For Yourself” series is a variety of homemade recipes & wellness aids to encourage you take care of yourself.
- In a medium bowl, add all of the ingredients together, except for half of your Jojoba Oil (or whichever base oil you chose).
- Mix well. Sometimes it's easiest to use your hands.
- Add in the additional oil. **This step really depends on your preference of how much more oil you want to add. If you don't like super oily things, don't add too much!
- Mix it all together again and enjoy!
- To use: apply a small amount of scrub to your face and circulate. Add more scrub as necessary and vary the pressure when you apply to get a deeper clean.
- To store: use an airtight container (like a mason jar).
Leave a comment