DI4Y: How to Create a Me Moment
When you are feeling like you are in need of a bit of "me" time... STOP and >>make the time<< to create a #MeMoment for yourself. It's easy, we promise!
Even just a few minutes with yourself can have a lot of positive effects on your level of stress, anxiety, focus, creativity, & more.
So what's a Me Moment? A Me Moment could be as simple as taking a seat in a comfy chair and allowing yourself to focus on your breathing or it could be painting your nails or even going for an evening walk around the neighborhood. It's really about making an intention to spend some time with yourself.
I can confidently say that both Hil and myself (and a lot of friends too) are all about doing anything and everything (FOMO is a real thing), but if we are go-go-go all the time are we really accomplishing the things we want for ourselves?
Creating a little bit of me time and checking in with your feelings, thoughts, and dreams is a thing everyone should be doing a little bit more of! Spending time with yourself is healthy, important, and will assist in keeping you sane.
"But I don't feel like getting deep with myself..."
That's OK! Some moments may not be as deep, but it's still important to put yourself first sometimes. And who knows... other moments may allow you to grow spiritually or become more aware of the energy you carry around with you. The goal is to surround yourself with a bit of inspiration and learn to love yourself more.
Self love = Self Growth = A Better You!
"I don't know where to start..."
We got you! Check out some ideas below ✨
- Have an afternoon tea
- Step outside during the workday & take a few deep breaths
- Go on you a walk by yourself (in a safe area of course!)
- Visit your favorite scenic spot & ponder
- Take a few minutes to doodle
- After a long day or week… sage
- Calling positive vibes into your atmosphere with palo santo
- Spending some time with crystal - hold onto it and remember what you want it to help you with
- Throw on a vinyl & dance
- Curl up with your favorite blanket and focus on inhaling and exhaling for a couple minutes
- Catch a sunset
- Light a candle with intent
- Go to the park and lay in the sun
- Clear the energy in your home to make room for more love and happiness
- Take a moment to say hi to the moon
- Climb a mountain
- Make it to yoga or spin class
- Leave 15 minutes early to grab a juice before work
- Make an extra delicious smoothie
- Put some essential oil in a diffuser
- Journal about your journey
Look for items to help you create moments for yourself. Check out our curated collection of self care items here!
Remembering to take some time for yourself can be tough. Our DI4Y aka “Do It For Yourself” series is a variety of homemade recipes & wellness aids to encourage you take care of yourself.