30 Things To Be Grateful For
Devin here. The BIG 3-0 is approaching for me on Monday. Yikes? Ehh not so much...
I thought the only feelings I would feel around this upcoming day would be about age... "devin you're soo old now." But I actually feel quite the opposite.
I feel confident, strong, and balanced. Things are moving forward in a really positive directions in all parts of my life - career, love, and self growth. I'm looking forward to what's to come. I'm looking forward to being more true and honest with myself. I'm excited when I think about what my 30's will bring me.
With all of these thoughts so focused on the future, I wanted to take a moment to reflect on the past and the present and identify what has gotten me to this point.
I originally made this list for my parents, but thought I'd share it here as well. I hope it inspires you to do something similar when you reach a milestone event in your life. Doing this activity flooded my mind with happy memories and love. It was also a nice exercise to help me identify what really makes me happy. I can only hope that it would do the same for you.
Without further ado...
30 Things I'm Grateful For
by Devin McCloskey
- The support of my family - this really does mean the most to me
- The support of my friends
- Meeting George - I’m so lucky
- All of my explorations around the world with family and friends - 4 continents, 11 countries, 15 states
- My sense of sight, hearing, touch, smell, & taste
- Quiet mornings
- Listening to my gut
- All of our family pets
- My love for water - oceans, lakes, pools & showers
- Living in LA - great friends and the abundance of foods and cultures and restaurants makes it totally worth it
- My rent controlled apartment
- ALL of the LIVE music I've experienced
- Developing my own self care routines
- Sun Valley memories
- My friendship with Laima - united forever, near or far!
- My business partner, Hilary - thank you for giving me the courage & support to become an entrepreneur
- Phone chats with mom
- Girl's dinners
- Warm, comfy beds
- My time at USC - Go Trojans!
- Easters spent in Palm Springs & La Cañada
- Friday phone calls with Dad during college
- Neighborhood hikes & time spent in nature
- Bravo TV
- Cheese Pizza // Lemonade // A Good Burger - I love them all equally
- Friendsgivings - shout out to my fabulous co-host, roommate, & bff Nash Gilley!
- Brief, but intense connections with strangers
- Epic Viewpoints
- Turning 30
Leave a comment